Thursday, September 27, 2012

GEORGE SEE

"The priests who presided at the ancient Greek temples of Asklepios did not worry to interpret dreams, for they believed the healing took place in the dream itself."
      ~ Graywolf Fred Swinney, Dream Network Journal, 1991


Last night I had a dream about George See,
old high school hero, clown of the class
trickster and adolescent iconoclast,

Everyone loved George See, always in trouble,
handsome, tall, incredibly funny, but
back then they didn't know about A.D.D.,

Recently, in the light of Jungian symbology,
I performed some surgery on my nocturnal memory.
I saw that Georg See was actually me,
silhouette of some concealed aspect of personality,
locked for years in the vault of decency,
exiled to the Isle of Obscurity,
banned by parents, police and normalcy.

However, recently, since just before 1993
I have become George See, on AOL and in
reality, rebelling against religion and morality,
leading coup d'états against mediocrity.

In the dream George See chased an innocent child,
no malice was intended, merely playfully
but teasing and taunting mercilessly.

I tried to follow but couldn't persevere,
that monstrous Shadow was running from me,
covert ego is very difficult to see, harassing that child
until four big brothers arrived on the scene,
they thoroughly thrashed George See…

I watched from a distance, one of the brothers
shot him in the head, I was horrified and
ran up to see George, copious pools of thick blood
oozed fire engine red, I tried not to get any on me
but was shaken by the horrific tragedy.

I cradled him delicately in my lap,
he looked up at me,
I was frantic to stop the bleeding
and save George See, but through a calm grin he
assured me that his death was necessary.
I had to agree,
perhaps I shall miss George See,
then again, perhaps not, we’ll see.

end/michael bogar

No comments:

Post a Comment